We understand that providing information online requires a huge amount of trust on your part. We respect the same and we take this very seriously. We make it a priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information provided by you. In order to prevent illegal access, we maintain realistic physical, electronic and organizational actions to protect private data against accidental or unlawful damage or accidental loss, modification, or unauthorized exposé or right of entry. Before submitting your personal information to our Web site, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices.
Information we get from you: We get any information you enter on our web site which may include your personal information, including your name, contact number, postal and e-mail addresses, user name, password etc. We also collect non-personally identifiable information, which may be linked to your personal data, including your log-in name, IP address and password, and search preferences related to detailed searches. We may also request information about travel details and preferences. In addition to this there may be some information which are required in order to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our site. You may have the opportunity to provide contact information for other people through our Web site. It is mandatory for the information provider to obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information. By clicking on this site you agree to the same.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit our website and may also collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed and pages visited. This is done majorly to collect automatic information, which adds up to better understanding of interests of our users and customize your user experience.
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies: Cookies are the small pieces of data files that can be stored on your computer. We use this to help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor. It saves and remembers your preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site. Please note that IDs, passwords, and any other account-related data included in such cookies are encrypted for security purposes. It helps us to customize the content, website experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and on other websites across the Internet. It helps us to measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and e-mail communications (by determining which e-mails you open and act upon). Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them as well. If you choose to reject cookies, you may still use our website; however, your access to some areas of our website will be limited and you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on our sites.
Our sites also at time use Web beacons which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which are placed in the code of a Web page. We use them to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party Web site, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
Information collected to serve you : Hotel Travelia is committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites. To do this, we may collect information about your travel-related searches, and use this information to serve you with ads on our sites or elsewhere online that match your interests. We do not share your personal contact information with unaffiliated third parties so they can serve you with advertisements.
Data collected by business partners and ad networks: Many of the advertisements you see on the www.hoteltravelia.com are served by Hotel Travelia, business associates and its service providers. We also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies used by them. These third parties include
- Business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our sites,
- Advertising networks, which collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different Web sites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your preferences, interests or characteristics, and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your interests.
We do not permit these third parties to collect personal contact information about you on our site, nor do we share with them any personal information about you.
How we use your information
Hotel Travelia uses the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- For registration and to manage your account, including to facilitate your access to and use of our site;
- To communicate with you in general, including to provide information about Hotel Travelia and invitations from the Hotel Travelia community; to enable us to publish your reviews, forum posts, and other content to the Hotel Travelia community
- To respond to your questions and comments
- To measure interest in and improve our products, services, and Web site
- To notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you
- To customize your experience with Hotel Travelia;
- To solicit information from you, including through surveys
- To resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
We use private Data and other information collected through the Site:-
- To chronicle you with the requested products and services
- To provide you with hotel accommodation through EAN.
- To build features that will make the services available on the Site easier to use, and to contact you about these services.
- In some cases, Hotel Travelia may require that you transact directly with a third party to obtain services, or when you use the Site to reserve a hotel room or obtain another product or service, we may provide your private Data to that hotel or other involved third parties.
Email Communications: We want to make it easy for you to take advantage of travel-related opportunities on our website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your apparent travel-related interests. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about travel-related special offers available through our site. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
Parties with whom we share your information
Hotel Travelia may share your information with the following entities:
- Service providing GDS: Hotel Travelia is an affiliate of EAN i.e. all hotel and accommodation related services are provided by EAN. Hence in order to provide you the services we have to share your private data to EAN. You may click EAN to know about their privacy policies.
- Our Partners in Business with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Handling agents with whom we may offer product and services. They are the people who actually provide different services on behalf of Hotel Travelia. We share your information, in order to provide better service during your travel.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Referees. If you were referred to Hotel Travelia from another Web site, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and travel preferences, about you with that referring Web site. We have not placed limitations on the referring Web sites’ use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any Web site that referred you to Hotel Travelia.
We keep your information discreet and confidential. However, at time with demand of the situation we may be compelled to disclose the same. We also may share your information under following circumstances:
- In response to court orders, legal processes or subpoenas; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Hotel Travelia, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Web site receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
Your account information: We endeavor to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can access and update your contact information by visiting your subscriptions page on the Hotel Travelia Web site. You can close your account by contacting us at the email address listed below. We will send you an e-mail to confirm your request. Please note that after you close an account, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please also note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for recordkeeping integrity.
If you do not hold an account with us, or wish to contact us in relation to any personal information that is not displayed in your account, you may ask us to access, delete and modify the information that we hold about you by emailing us at the email address listed below.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above.
- Whether registered member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements and administrative messages relating either to your account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from Hotel Travelia, you will not be able to access portions of our site.
How we protect your information: We want you to feel confident about using Hotel Travelia, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no Website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
Children's privacy: Hotel Travelia is a general audience site and does not offer services for children. People under the age of 18 are not suitable to use any services on our Site. Should an individual whom we know to be under age 18 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Visiting our Web sites: If you are visiting our Web site, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we does take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Contact Us: Should you have any questions, concerns or comments, please contact us at: email@example.com